This article explains how to restore your database file (stock.db) for StockMarket Plus. There are two methods to achieve this, based on if you are able to Open/Run StockMarket Plus or not.
If StockMarket Plus IS functioning as expected:
- Save attached stock.db file into a secure location to ensure that you have a backup moving forward.
- Open Stockmarket Plus.
- Within the “Home” tab at the top/bottom of the screen, you should find a section called “Database” with a “Restore” prompt. Click this prompt.
- You will then receive a popup with 3 prompts, a Magnifying glass, “Ok” and “Cancel”
- Navigate via the file browser to the relevant location where you saved your stock.db file in step 1, click on it and select “Open”.
- You should now be back on the page displayed in step 4, this time, press “OK”
- Stockmarket Plus may prompt you to restart the pogrom in order to apply the database (in some instances it is able to apply without restarting)
If StockMarket Plus IS NOT functioning as expected (i.e. after performing a database repair):
1. Save Stock.db to secure location and copy
2. Open File explorer
3. Locate and enter (C:) drive
4. Locate “Stockmarketplus” on (C:) (this will be the default installation folder, should you have elected to install Stockmarket Plus into another folder, you will have to navigate there instead)
5. Paste attached stock.db into “stockmarketplus” folder